As part of BAKE’s contribution to increasing the knowledge of Bloggers and Social Media users on how to be safe online while creating content online, we will be hosting a training in Mombasa on Digital Security.
BAKE has partnered with Internews to put together a training workshop on Saturday 5th August 2017 at Swahili Pot Hub, Swahili Centre, Mombasa from 2.oopm to 4.00 pm.
TOPICS THAT WILL BE COVERED
- What is an Internet Shutdown?
- How does Internet Shutdowns affect communications?
- The role of crucial state actors in Internet Shutdowns
- The Web and Browser Security
- Circumvention Tools
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Safety of VPNs
- Use of VPNs on web and mobile
- Individual Protection
- Data Protection
What: Digital Security Training in Mombasa
When: Saturday, 5th August 2017
Where: Swahili Pot Hub, Swahili Centre, Mombasa
Time: 2.00pm to 4.00pm