As part of BAKE’s contribution to increasing the knowledge of Bloggers and Social Media users on how to be safe online while creating content online, we will be hosting a training in Mombasa on Digital Security.
BAKE has partnered with Access Now to put together a training workshop on Saturday 5th August 2017 at Swahili Pot Hub, Swahili Centre, Mombasa from 9.00 am to 3.00 pm.
The digital security training will be facilitated by an Advocate of the High Court, Mr Mugambi Laibuta and Tyrus Kamau. He is a Cyber Security Evangelist and the founding members of The Africa HackOn, an IT security outfit which brings together skilled professionals to show case various elements of cyber security.
TOPICS THAT WILL BE COVERED
- Intro into how mobile and internet works- VPNs, Open Source etc
- Secure communications – Encrypt data, securing IMs, TOR, Private Browsing
- Protecting your online identity/ protecting your personal information online.
- Secure tools for online collaboration
- Cleaning up your online activity
- Managing personal information
- How to access the internet during a partial shutdown
- Tools to use circumvent shutdowns
- Importance of 2-factor authentication
- Protection and recovery of websites from attacks such as DDOS.
- Consumer law
- Criminal law process
- Communication laws
- Mobile protection
Interested in this training? Please register here.
What: Digital Security & Internet and the Law Workshop in Mombasa
When: Saturday, 5th August 2017
Where: Swahili Pot Hub, Swahili Centre, Mombasa
Time: 9.00am to 3.00pm